“Arise, and proclaim unto the entire creation the tidings that He Who is the All-Merciful hath directed His steps towards the Ridvan and entered it. Guide, then, the people unto the garden of delight which God hath made the Throne of His Paradise. We have chosen thee to be our most mighty Trumpet, whose blast is to signalize the resurrection of all mankind.”
(Baha’u’llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha’u’llah, p. 30)
The celebration will take place at Quincy Park in Arlington, VA.
Here is the plan:
- 10 am – get together at the picnic shelter of Quincy Park near the big tent we will set (feel free to bring roses to help us build the biggest pile of roses), or if it rains, at my apartment
- Have kids of all ages enter the tent full of roses, fragrance and music to celebrate in an atmosphere similar to what took place just outside of Baghdad 149 years ago; those less adventurous can stand outside the tent
- 10:30 am – start the program with prayers and songs lead by the children
- Next, share the story of the Declaration of Baha’u’llah in the Garden of Ridvan, sing some more songs, have fun in the park
- 12:00 noon or so, go to the nearby Rico Pollo Peruvian chicken restaurant (or whatever other place we decide) for lunch 🙂
Let me know if you plan on attending and if you want to assist in any way.